Today I decided to learn Ansible
These are just my study notes and not a technical advices at all.
I setup 3 ubuntu 20 servers and and 1 of them will act as a ansible master node and the 2 other servers will act as clients.
first step is to install ansible on the master server with the below command:
apt-get install ansible
then I created a hosts file with the ini format not YAML one because it is more complicated
cat ansible/hosts/hosts.ini
[client01]
10.x.y.z ansible_user=root ansible_password=ABC123
[client02]
10.a.b.c ansible_user=root ansible_password=XYZ123
ansible client01 -i ansible/hosts/hosts.ini -m ping
ansible_host=10.11.25.67 | FAILED! => {
"msg": "to use the 'ssh' connection type with passwords, you must install the sshpass program"
}
now we will have to setup this package
ansible client01 -i ansible/hosts/hosts.ini -m ping
10.11.25.67 | FAILED! => {
"msg": "Using a SSH password instead of a key is not possible because Host Key checking is enabled and sshpass does not support this. Please add this host's fingerprint to your known_hosts file to manage this host."
}
and now I have to add the host's finger print
ssh root@10..X.Y.Z
The authenticity of host '10..X.Y.Z (10..X.Y.Z)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:d/12345UOor12345/viwg16/oHAec5sa/12345.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
Warning: Permanently added '10..X.Y.Z' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
ansible client01 -i ansible/hosts/hosts.ini -m ping
10..X.Y.Z | SUCCESS => {
"ansible_facts": {
"discovered_interpreter_python": "/usr/bin/python3"
},
"changed": false,
"ping": "pong"
}
No comments:
Post a Comment