Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Install Vault on ubuntu 20

 Today I will install vault on ubuntu 20 to use it as a part of my Ansible learning journey 


  • Add GPG key

curl -fsSL https://apt.releases.hashicorp.com/gpg | sudo apt-key add -

  • Add Repository
apt-add-repository "deb [arch=amd64] https://apt.releases.hashicorp.com $(lsb_release -cs) main"
  • update the apt repo
apt update
  • Install Vault
apt install vault -y
  • start Vault service
 systemctl start vault
  • Make sure that the service started successfully 
 systemctl status vault
  • Enable the service to make sure that it will start automatically after the reboot
systemctl enable vault


after that you will need to determine how many key shares and how many key threshold , I chose 3 and 2 for testing purposes and after that you will download your keys file to be used later in the restore process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Install Vault on ubuntu 20

 Today I will install vault on ubuntu 20 to use it as a part of my Ansible learning journey  Add GPG key curl -fsSL https://apt.releases.has...